Sorry for the silence the last couple of days. I’ve spent the last two days and nights with Bob at the hospital. Last night I even slept with him in his hospital bed—and we both slept amazingly well!!
Lois and Alison left on Wednesday morning and David and Tim left this morning. Barbie’s still here until March 3. We’ve had an amazing week as a family and there’s been a revolving door of friends visiting us at the hospital. We feel so blessed.
This picture is of Papa opening all of the letters, drawings, and cards from our grandchildren!
Bob had a CT scan yesterday morning and we received the results today. The cancer has definitely spread to the liver and the other two tumours have grown, and in addition the lymph nodes continue to enlarge. This news was not unexpected, but still quite sobering.
At 5:00 pm tonight, a doctor who specializes in liver disorders visited us and told us that he could do a surgical procedure tomorrow morning whereby he would put a stent through Bob’s bile duct to his pancreas, etc. It’s hard to remember all of the particulars and how it will actually work, but it would definitely increase Bob’s liver function. This would be similar to the stent that Bob has in his ureter between his left kidney and bladder. There are some small risks but the benefits could likely outweigh the risks.
Of course this won’t address Bob’s growing cancer, but it will help the toxins to be elimiated from his body. We were given a few hours to decide whether to go ahead with it or not. We talked a lot and prayed together and both of us felt that Bob should have this procedure done.
If you read this before 8:30 am Pacific time on Friday morning (just nine hours from now), we’d appreciate your prayers.
Now it's time to go to bed and get some much-needed rest.